For some of the fans attending this year’s Vans Warped Tour, this may be your first and last. When I was attending my first Warped Tour in 2011, I researched tips and what to expect when going to this huge rock festival. I am going to give my rendition of what to bring and what there is to do while you are at Warped.
There are some things that you do need to bring with you and these items will help you save some money at the end of the day.
- A water bottle. Bring a reusable water bottle because buying water from the vendors is very overpriced. There are water stations called the Cool Gear Hydration Stations where you can fill your bottle for free. Drinking water is super important because it is extremely hot and you will start to feel sick if you do not drink or eat.
- A small backpack. This will help you carry all your important items like your water bottle, phone, camera and money.
- Sunscreen. Make sure to bring sunscreen because the sun beats down on you all day. Do not make a mistake, like me, and forget to put it on or you will be filled with instant regret the next morning.
- Portable phone charger. Make sure to bring one that is fully charged so you can charge your phone throughout the day, that way you can take pictures and videos of your favorite bands.
- A small portable fan. This item is not completely necessary but I think it will be more beneficial at the end of the day. It is extremely hot outside and sometimes the shade is not good enough.
- Hat and/or sunglasses. I always wear a hat to Warped to keep the sun and sweat out of my face. It also protects my face somewhat from getting burnt. Sunglasses are also good to protect those eyes.
- Money. You absolutely need money if you are going to get food. Make sure to always eat and drink. It’s also nice to come home with your favorite band’s merchandise.
- Umbrella or poncho. Warped Tour goes on rain or shine, if you do not like getting wet, bring these.
- Your ticket. Most important thing to have with you. I do not think an explanation is necessary.
When you first walk into your venue, you are going to feel overwhelmed and amazed. It is an amazing experience no matter how many times you have been.
The first and foremost thing you need to do when you walk in, is to walk over to the Vans tent and look up at the huge inflatable schedule. Write down the stages and set times that your favorite bands are playing. They do sell schedules on paper, this is something I actually purchase, and you have the entire lineup with you throughout the day.
Vans Warped Tour has many different things for you to do other than listening to the bands, even though that is the best part.
- When you are hungry, check out the many food vendors all around the venue. They are awesome because we all know that the best food is food from festivals and carnivals. Slushies and alcoholic beverages are also served, but make sure to be of age and not drink too much alcohol in fear of dehydration.
- Tents are all over Warped and this is where you’ll find some cool gear and possibly help out a good cause.
- Get merch from your favorite bands and brands.
- Check out non-profits tents and help support a good cause. This is actually one of my goals this year.
- Some tents have games and activities for you to play, like the truth campaign tent.
- It is important to listen carefully to bands on stage and see when and where they might be signing autographs. Sometimes their merch tents will have deals that if you buy an item, you get a wristband to meet them.
- Make a visit to the local and Full Sail stages, if that is still its name, and discover new artists and bands. You can also discover new musicians by visiting record label tents.
- If you are hot and sweaty, which you will be, find a shady spot and listen to some tunes. If sitting in the shade is not enough, there is a slip and slide for you to play on and cool off.
The Vans Warped Tour has been one of the best things I have ever got to experience and it is going to be really hard to say goodbye. Make every moment of this final Warped Tour and enjoy one of the best events you will ever attend.