On March 1st, Kevin Lyman and his team released the final Vans Warped Tour lineup. A couple of weeks ago, I made a list of potential lineup picks and was not disappointed in the lineup that was announced.
The bands and artists chosen for this year are pretty strong, compared to last year’s lineup. It is very disappointing to see some bigger named bands not attending, especially since this tour was how a lot of them got their careers started. They do have the opportunity to be one of the tour’s special guests that have not been announced yet, according to Lyman’s twitter.
- I was really hoping to see Sum 41 and Falling in Reverse, but again they are not coming to Michigan this year.
- So much excitement came over me when I saw All Time Low and Taking Back Sunday on the lineup, but saddened that they were not coming to Michigan.
- This lineup seemed to be a lot smaller than previous years, but that could just be me. It also might be because not all of the bands have been announced yet.
- I really thought that some bigger named bands would be on the lineup, like A Day to Remember and Sleeping With Sirens, so not seeing them was a little bit saddening.
- Paramore. Not. Being. On. The. Lineup. *Cries internally*
- Two of my favorite bands, State Champs and Mayday Parade, will be making a return to the tour.
- Simple Plan will be making a return and it will be nice to see them again after 7 years.
- This year’s lineup has a lot of pop punk acts and I am so excited to discover some new artists at the owly.fm stage.
- The announcement that excited me the most was learning that With Confidence would be leaving their hiatus to be at Warped. I cannot wait to see them perform.
With this being the last Vans Warped Tour, I really thought that the lineup would be announced like it was in 2016, where they showed clips of that bands as they announced the lineup.
Every Warped that I have attended, I have made a goal of seeing a new band and discovering new music. Here are some of the acts that I cannot wait to discover:
I do like the element of surprise that Lyman is setting up for the fans. We need to look out for other possible special guests and you never know who might be showing up at your tour date.
I believe that Lyman and his team are going to give the fans a Warped Tour that they will never forget, and I cannot wait to see what they have in store.